A HOSPITALstyle approved vacation idea is a week aboard your own YACHT in the caribbean.
The good news is...that I am leaving for my sailing vacation aboard AMARYLLIS in less than 2 weeks and having organized this trip in the midst of intensive care rotations I can attest to the ease of making this dream vacation a reality.
- Step 1: Decide when you can escape the hospital
- Step 2: Stir up some interest with friends/family
- Step 3: Set aside some money
- Step 4: Contact the following people with your price range and your dates
They will email boats who have availability during your dates and then it is up to you to decide.
- Step 5: Send out an email to your friends recruiting them for a week aboard a yacht in the Caribbean (believe me this adventure sells itself).
- Step 6: Decide where you want to sail (British Virgin Islands is recommended for first time sailors. The islands are closer together and the water is calm. I have also sailed in The Grenadines, which are further apart, less populated and more exotic)
- Step 7: Place a deposit, and iron out details on MENU/PRICES/FLIGHTS
I booked our boat through Mainsail Yacht Charters and Kevin ( a former airline pilot) as been an amazing guide through this process. He is highly recommended. Contact him Kevin@mainsailcharters.com or me @ HOSPITALstyle@gmail.com with any questions.
I set sail on February 28th and will be sure to tell you all about it when I return. Can't wait to escape the Hospital!